Sunday, November 9, 2008

Little John's

I have been AWOL for quite some time because I am currently adjusting. :) A lot of changes have happened recently and until now, I can't say I've fully adjusted to the changes. Don't worry... I'm okay. :)

Anyways, here's one of the places where we dined during our stay in Baguio. And I've got to say it's true that you can't have everything. Why do I say this? Read on.

Little John's in Mile Hi
The interior. (The photo was taken around 2-2:30pm. This was the time we had lunch. Yeah we were really late.)

Let's run down some of our food before anything else, shall we?

Chili con Carne: (I don't quite remember the name of the dish, but basically it's chili with some beans in it and some tortillas for the crunchy factor.)

Once stirred.




O's Beef Tapa:



My Lemon Peppered Fish:




Now on to the review and experience...
  1. The staff were not too friendly. I hate these kind of staff because they make us feel that we owe it them that we're dining there, when in fact, they should be thanking us.
  2. It was pay as you order. You may upon ordering and wait for your food to be served. Nothing bad about this.
  3. There was no pictures of the menu. The menu was written in a blackboard (chalk board) and hung in the wall. You can't really picture what or how the food look like.
  4. They have their own comfort room. Plus points for them! It was also clean.
  5. According to my research, their chocolate fondue is a must try. We were not able to try this.
  6. Chili con Carne- I don't really like beans, and I didn't think there were too many beans. Heck, I didn't even know there were beans! But O liked it. I like the crunchy part.
  7. Beef Tapa- I'm a sucker for eggs, so I liked the eggs. The tapa was nothing special.
  8. Lemon Peppered Fish- Okay there was lemon, and I tasted the pepper. But the fish was too dry and too stringy!!! I didn't like it at all.
    The prices weren't that expensive, but the quality of service and food was no good either.

I forgot how much these dishes cost. I'll try to check if I still have the receipt with me, but overall, I was disappointed, just because I expected a lot from it too. :/ Oh well...

Check back again for more on my trip! :D





No comments: