Monday, September 29, 2008

Elianto Brush Cleanser

After a weeklong deep retreat (without any spa! BOOHOO!), I've finally brought myself up and I'm feeling better now. Whew! Well sooner or later, I'll be back to normal in no time. ;)

Anyways, after a long hiatus, I've decided to post something close to my heart, makeup. :p

I'm sharing one of a makeup artists' best friend. A brush cleanser!

Take note: I actually use a mild soap to clean my brushes. You can also use a baby shampoo to do this. However, there are some events that require you to work fast and work on several faces with a limited amount of time. So what do you do? It's quite unsanitary to use the same brush for other faces. You would want to sanitize and clean it before using it again.

So I use my Elianto brush cleanser in times like this.
(This bottle has been with me for more than 7 months and it's more than half full!)


Back view:


I transfer it to an atomizer spray bottle for easier usage and compact storage.



What I do is after using a brush a spritz a small amount of the cleanser to the hair of the brush and swirl the brush to a tissue paper and voila, all clean.

Tutorial coming soon!

Note: I still clean it with my mild soap when I get home though. I only use Elianto brush cleanser when I need to sanitize my brushes during a gig that requires me to work on many faces.

Tips:
  1. You can never have too many brushes especially if you're a makeup artist! :)
  2. Invest on your brushes! You'll be using it so many times and good quality brushes will save your day!
  3. Use brush cleanser (whatever brand it is) sparingly. The components of the cleanser may be too harsh on your brushes. It has alcohol, so if you don't want to ruin your babies, spray just a small amount of cleanser until all the pigments are removed.
  4. Clean your brushes after every gig! You don't want your brushes to be infested by bacterias and use it for your clients again.

4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

I'm glad you're feeling better :D

Thanks for this, I will wait to see your tutorial on this! :)

sab said...

i was supposed to buy this but i find it expensive. but i'm too lazy naman to clean my brushes with shampoo. hehehe. maybe i'll grab one this weekend. :)

Mel said...

Hi, saw your link from Ms. Nikki’s blog. I purchased this, and I’m almost done with the bottle. I made a mistake of not diluting it, so I really waste a lot when using it (not to mention, the smell when the brushes dry is overpowering if you use too much). I’m not sure I will repurchase, I’ll start using Dr. Bronner’s for my brush cleaning from now on.

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Nikki: Pressure! Hahaha! :p

Sab: Well I still think that shampooing your brushes is the best. For your personal brushes, once or twice a week is okay, as long as it's just you who use the brushes, k?

Melvel: Welcome! Haha! :D Anyway, I just use this when I really have to. But I still prefer my mild soap. Yes, it really has harsh components. But sometimes you just have no choice. So there, I use it in between models or clients if it's a fast-paced gig.

Char