Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update on Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow

Okay, so as I've said on my previous entry, I didn't like the Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eyeshadow right away because I thought that it wouldn't stay put long enough. So I decided to roadtest it again and really wanted to make it work the second time around. And so here I am with my review on the product!

Just this week, I did hair and makeup for the entourage of a morning wedding, so I had to wake up at 3am since our calltime was 5am. After the wedding, I continued with my chores and got home around 12mn and slept at 1:30am. Not that I'm complaining. :) Just sharing with you how long my day was.

Back to the topic, I used the Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eyeshadow in Glistening Sand for a softwash look. I patted a lot of primer, Skin Hour Mattifying Day Cream on my lids to make sure that the color would last long.

So after about 10 hours of chores and activities, here are some photos of my eyes.


The shadow is still there! Yes yes yes!!! :) You can even see the sparkles of the pigments.


You can already see a line on my eye, because my lids are really really really oily! But the color and pigments are still in tact.


Sorry my eyes are already droopy. It was around 1230-1am when I took these photos.


Sleepy yet smiling. :p

Thoughts on the product: So after this long long day of experiment, it proved that the Hydro-Powder eyeshadow is in fact a great buy! For an acidic person like me who has really oily lids, this eyeshadow works fine fine fine! I'd definitely use it again, most especially if I'm just wanting a very natural look.

Eye products used:
Skin Hour Mattifying Day Cream
Shiseido Hydro-Powder eyeshadow in Glistening Sand
Elianto eyeshadow in Black
Winc Instant Lash Duo Mascara
Blinc Kiss Me Mascara


2 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

Hmm..its either Shiseido is really good OR it is the Skin hour primer that you used :) it is indeed a very good eye look after a couple of hours :)

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Hey Nikki, I was really amazed. Although there were a little crease already, it was still in place. :) Those photos, I didn't retouch at all! So it was really good. Probably the combo pair worked well together. :)