Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow in Glistening Sand

As mentioned in my previous entry, I was able to purchase Shiseido products from Lux Asia sale. Here is my review on the Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow in Glistening Sand.

The packaging is really nice and it comes with a sponge applicator (not in picture).


Here is my eye. I used Skin Hour Mattifying Day Cream all over my lids, because I have really really oily lids.


I put the hydro-powder eye shadow on the entire lid. I first used a synthetic eyeshadow brush, but realized that blending the pigments. The eyeshadow is actually creamy but once you apply it onto the eye, it looks powdery.


Another view: It looks really nice, doesn't it?


Actually, you can already go with a soft wash look with this product and probably eyeliner and mascara. But just to add more color, I used MAC Crystal eyeshadow for a touch of color.


Blend it well. Ready for a day out.


For a more dramatic effect, perhaps a night out with friends? The Glistening Sand alone will be too light, so pack on darker shades. I've added Nichido eyeliner in black near the upper and lower lash line. I tightlined the upper lash line for a fuller look. And lastly, sweeped Blinc Kiss Me mascara for volume and to finish my uber look!


Girls just wanna have fun!


Thoughts on the product: I roadtested the product again and was amazed by it! :) See my review here.

What I like about it is that it doesn't crease as much as other cream eyeshadows. Hmm, I wonder if I should try combining this product with my Shu Uemura cream eyeshadow in yellow. I wonder how that would look like. :) Next time!

5 comments:

sab said...

how about if there's an e/s primer underneath? maybe it helps?

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Hi Sab: I did, I already put primer before applying the shadow. Will try to add more again and see how it works. Roadtest this weekend. :)

Digital Angel said...

I think that I'm not too much into cream eyeshadow. Some are alright but some just goes away pretty quick. I totally understand what you saying. I wonder if it would stay longer if you put more eyeshadow primer maybe..just like sab said :D

AskMeWhats said...

awww...love it!!! that looks natural and hot!!! Ohh don't ask me..i'm a natural make up lover lol

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Hi Nabi! I roadtested it again and packed on my primer. Will post an updated review in a bit. :) Me too, I'm more of a powder eyeshadow girl. :)

Nikki: Haha! I like natural look too. :) I stay on the neutral side when I don't have to wear a lot of makeup or no occasion to go to.

- Char