Friday, August 1, 2008

A Not So Good Sunday

As much as possible I don’t want to rant in this blog, but having this not-so-wonderful day last Sunday gave me urge to write it here. Maybe it will be helpful to others so that they won’t waste their money. Here goes…

So it’s a Sunday, hurrah family day, we planned to spend our Sunday for a movie and our usual dinner. we went to check out the movie house in RP-midtown. The movie house wasn’t bad; the elevation is high enough for me to see the movie without moving my head. This is important for us especially were a bit small. Also their leg room is quite adequate for those who have longer legs. So big thumbs up for their new movie house. yehey!!! We watched MAMA MIA, sorry for those who liked it, but we (my family and I) did not like it at all. A friend told me maybe because I’m not a musical type of person, but hey, I am. I enjoy The Phantom of the Opera Movie, I enjoy watching different plays. I’m a former choir member, I love music!!! But the movie, it s--k-! Watching this movie is a waste of money and time. I don’t encourage anyone to watch it… but I guess my review is a little too late… sorry!!

So after the movie, we went to UCC to have our dinner. The last time I eat there it wasn’t so bad. The food is ok, but last Sunday I was really disappointed with their food and their staff as well. For their staff, they hired a newbie, who doesn’t know how to answer our queries. Their (UCC’s) menu does not have description of their dishes, since I haven’t eaten there a lot, we have to ask the waitress what’s included in the dishes, and she can’t answer a thing. She had to call another waitress to answer our querie
s. We ordered Chicken Salad, Croquet Monsieur, Yakiniku Sandwich and Eel Casserole. Before the meal I took the picture of the 2 sandwiches, I thought I would enjoy these two dishes, but I was wrong.

The waitress describes Croquet Monsieur has mozzarella cheese, white sauce, Ham and cheese sounds yummy right? That’s also what I though but Its not. I can do better sandwich than the one that was served. The white sause was a bit bitin.


This is the Yakiniku Sandwich; it has lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and of course beef. This is better than the other sandwich, but its not superb either.

Verdict: Most probably we won’t eat there again. Aside from their not so delish foods, I can say that the food was a bit expensive. I don’t mind eating expensive food if the satisfaction that I will be getting will be great as well.

Well, this is my opinion only. You may not agree with me its ok. :)

4 comments:

sab said...

so sorry to hear about your weekend! i wanted to see mammamia pa naman... hahaha! but my friend doesn't. what's so bad about it?

andi haven't eaten at UCC, it's a bit expensive isn't it?

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

overall WE got bored. i thought that my dad enjoys it because ABBA was "his time" but when we talked about it, he said he did not enjoy it much compared to the phantom of the opera and evita movie, and i also agree. some scenes were funny but some are quite boring.

yes its a bit pricey. we spent around 1,500 for the meal. we didn't even order drinks and dessert yet.

AskMeWhats said...

Sorry to hear about the weekend, I know a lot of people loved Mama Mia, but me and my hubby didn't even bother to watch it...with just the commercial and everything, we already knew we're not gonna like it.

With regards to UCC, we never ate at the RP branch, the TIMOG branch serves way better food compared to your description and the photos..I am sorry you had such bad experience with them.