Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cleansing Oil Challenge!

I own two cleansing oils. I have Skin Hour Deep Cleansing Oil and --i--t- Honey Cleansing Oil. So one night, after a tiring day of makeup gig for a photo shoot, I had to clean all my brushes and containers.

I always make sure that I take care of my brushes by giving them a bath after using them. I used a lot of liquid foundation that day, I got my container (where I put and mix my liquid foundie) and experimented and tested the cleansing oils. I normally use a mild soap for my brushes and containers, however, we all know that it will be difficult and close to impossible to remove liquid foundation with it. So here goes the challenge.

This is the container. As you see, the liquid foundie has already dried up.


These are the 2 cleansing oils that are up for the challenge.


First, I tried using --i--t- Cleansing Oil. I scrubbed really well.


Here is the result. The liquid foundie just spread out but it's still there.


Now, I tried using Skin Hour Deep Cleansing Oil. I used the same container. And again scrubbed well.


Here is the result. Tada! Clean clean container!


The verdict: Skin Hour Deep Cleansing Oil wins!!! :D So I used this for my baby brushes also!

However...

The Cleansing Oil of --i--t-, even though it can't clean liquid foundies, can be used to clean eyeshadows and blushes (mostly powder). This is what I used for my other containers that I just used to foil my shadows. It is also foamier. So when used on the face gives a soapy texture.

So I still have the two until now. Although of course, I use Skin Hour's more often. It shows how organic products are really magical! :) Imagine what these two do for your face when you use them as cleansers. :) Skin Hour proves that it deeply cleanses but is still mild and refreshing!

4 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

wow, that is cool presentation!

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Thanks Nikki! :)

sab said...

oh wow! this is extremely helpful. i hope she uemura cleansing oils works like yours as well. i don't have any to test it with.

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Hi Sab! I know that Shu is really good as well. I haven't tried using it side by side with Skin Hour though. :)