Wednesday, July 23, 2008

San Tsa / Haw Flakes

Time to share one of my favorite addictions. I'm currently craving for it, so I decided why not share with our readers what it is...

Tada... It's San Tsa or also known as Haw Flakes! These are Chinese snacks. You eat it when you're bored, when you're hungry, when you're watching tv, when you're blogging, actually... you eat it anytime of day!


O actually bought this for me since I really really love Haw Flakes! This is from Bee Tin Grocery and is only P55.00. There are ten packs in one bag.


One pack looks like this... How does it taste? I can't quite describe it. It tastes sour and sweet at the same time. For some people, it tastes weird. Haha! But I like it!!!


It looks like the "Body of Christ". I remember playing with it before, like I was going to communion. It's very thin and it breaks when you put pressure to it. I love breaking it inside my mouth. Hehe! Love it!


It's so yummy and very very addicting! I can finish one whole pack in one seating, or maybe two packs?! :p


Thought on the product: Isn't it obvious I love love love it? I just want to share that this brand is the best! Usually you see the small Haw Flakes in supermarkets, it's actually okay, but my problem with it is it's so small, that I can already finish one pack with one chew! The latter Haw Flake is really small so it's very "nakakabitin"! And when I eat my Haw Flakes, I always like eating it by two's or maybe three's. I love it when it's thick! Hehe! :D How about you?

Bee Tin Grocery
Binondo, Manila

6 comments:

Oliboy's Adventures said...

classic!!! my lola used to buy some for us always when she goes to binondo (with a lao hu tsi comic of course). it is the same as the original haw flakes?

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Thanks Oli! I'm not sure if it's the same brand. But they taste the same anyways. Haha! Unless you get the flavored one, I once tried san tsa that has a berry flavor/filling. I didn't like it very much. The original still is the best. :) Oh yeah, I remember Lao Hu Tsi. Hahaha! I love those comics when I was younger. I used to read those in my angkong's office. Haha! Brings back childhood memories. :)

AskMeWhats said...

Hao Flakes are super addictive!!! If i look at it, it's just "nah" but if I started to munch on it..UH OH!!!

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Isn't it? I love love love it! I really can finish one-two packs in one seating. :) I remember playing with it when I was younger. Haha! :p

AskMeWhats said...

you are like a kid still! hehhe

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Hahaha! Young at heart as always! :)