Monday, December 29, 2008

My Brush Collection

Happy New Year everyone! I still can't get over the fact that it's a long long holiday for most of us here in the Philippines! Wow!!! This is the longest vacation as far as I can remember! Hope your holidays are as good as mine. :)

To continue with my post, I decided to share my brushes to the world. Since I've been sharing some of the makeup and skin care I use, why not share the tools, right?

So in a glance, here are the brushes for my personal use. (Take note that I have a different set for my clients' use.)

I have Suesh 21's and some individual brushes that I'll be discussing later on.


To break them down: (This is quite a long post, so bear with me. I haven't been posting for a while. :p)

Powder brushes:
I use these when I just want to retouch or use powder for my face.


The flatter one is my smaller brush which I use for powdering the cheek pane area, and the round one I use for the whole face.


Charm Kabuki brush:
I use this brush when I want fuller coverage. I normally wear mineral makeup (specifically Dream Minerals Charlene foundation), so using a kabuki brush is quite handy. When I go out partying or go out at night, I normally use this brush.



Another foundation brush:
I got this brush from Aunt L. She bought this in Japan, if I'm not mistaken. I actually don't know what this is called (if anybody knows, do send me a shout out.) Anyway, I normally use this for my mineral foundation because it gives full coverage and the hair is really soft!



Foundation Brushes:
Suesh 21's and Elianto
I have 2 personal foundation brushes. 1 I use for my liquid or cream foundation and the other, I use for applying Skin Hour Mattifying Day Cream. I prefer using a brush when applying creams because I find it more sanitary. Foundation brushes are used for liquid and cream form of cosmetics.



Stippling brushes:
White Collection and Charm
I have 2 stippling brushes because I can't get enough of them! They give this wonderful airbrushed effect which I love love love and it's very easy to use, gives natural coverage which I like.



Retractable Kabuki Brush:
I have this in my kikay kit all the time. I don't really like using sponges, I prefer brushes. So even with a compact or pressed powder, I use this brush for touch ups.


Fan brush:
I love love love using this brush. Before, I didn't know what the fan brush is for, but after taking my makeup artistry course, I learned that this does a whole lot more than brushing the fallen pigments. I use this for contouring (sometimes), for my blush and bronzer!

I normally suggest my students to get this brush!


Angeled blush brush:
I like using an angeled blush brush for contouring my face. I try not to leave home without contouring since I have a round face. This brush helps me achieve more dimension to my face. :p


Concealer brushes:
Charm and Suesh 21's
Another must have for me! As the name goes, it's for concealing. :p I have two, because I like that I have 2 sizes, one bigger for bigger areas and one smaller for smaller areas such as the sides of the nose, etc.


Blending brushes:
Charm and Suesh 21's
Again, I like having a lot of blending brushes. This I use for blending the eye makeup color. So when browsing my eotd, when I blend, I use these brushes. Blending is the trick to perfect makeup!


Eyeliner brushes:
White Collection, Charm and Suesh 21's
I have 2 bent liners namely White Collection and Charm, and a felt tip kind by Suesh. I like having different types of eyeliner, because I love lining the eyes. Bent liners are God sent especially for those who are just starting to learn how to line properly.


I have other brushes included in the 21's set, such as eyeshadow brushes and the like, but I wasn't able to take photos of them anymore. :(

Lastly, here's another set that I have.

Charm Travel Pro:
I bring this with me when I travel, go overnights, or I have an occassion during the night, yet I have to leave the house early. Everything's there already, so this is the only thing I need to bring, this set.

So there you go... my collection of brushes. I'm pretty sure it will still grow because I love love brushes. But I really try to go for cheaper yet good quality ones than buying the branded ones. I try to research first for other alternatives to get my money's worth! :)

Almost all the brushes are available at Dream Collection. Ciao!

No comments: