Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shu Uemura Cream Shadow

Here's my take on the yellow cream shadow of Shu Uemura.



One time, I was in a hunt for the perfect yellow eyeshadow, I've tried buying from different brands but I didn't like the pale yellow color they gave me. See my favorite color is yellow so I wanted the perfect yellow that radiates glow and makes the eyes look really lively. Luckily Aunt L gave me a few eyeshadows, one of which is Shu Uemura's cream shadow. I've always been a "powdered eyeshadow" girl, whether I use it for myself or for my clients. But I was intrigued by cream shadows when I had my training at MAC. Plus it's yellow! Just what I was looking for. :)

The Shu Uemura cream shadow is bigger than the eyeshadows of MAC.


Here is a swatch of the yellow cream shadow.

This is my eye without makeup. (Pls. take note, I took these photos when I got home around 6:30. So if my eyes already look droopy, I apologize. :))


I applied the cream shadow using a synthetic eyeshadow brush.




Added Smashbox eyeshadow in Flirt.


I used Fashion 21 liquid eyeliner and made the line thick.


After finishing my EMU with Nichido eyeliner in Blackest Black, Prestige eyeliner in White for the waterline, top it with Winc Instant Lash Duo mascara.

End Result:

Thoughts on the product: I like that it's so easy to apply, you may even apply it with your finger. You only use a little amount and get a great result! I'm okay with the color, it's still not the bright yellow I was looking for. But I'm quite happy with it. :) I love the fact that I don't need to use any other fancy colors to add to it. But if you want more drama, you can always add another layer of color on top. You may use it as a base and build and combine more colors. It's quite long lasting, as long as it's not too humid. I suggest to use a makeup base or eye primer just to make sure it keeps its color. I have really oily eyelids so I always put makeup base on. I'd probably get another sometime soon, in blue! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank u for this. The make up looks lovely on you. Hope to hear more reviews soon.(:

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Wow! Thanks for the comment! :D Will definitely review a lot of products in the near future, so do suggest products. :) Thanks thanks!

♔Jaimie said...

That is a really pretty yellow, it looks great on you!

-------------------
xoxo Jaimie
www.justkissnmakeup.com

- Stilettos to Sweets - said...

Thanks so much Jamie! It really is a nice color. :) I'll try to post more "great finds" soon. :)