Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oiliness related to stress?

Hi everyone, here I am again trying to post another entry amidst my busy-ness. Haha! The holidays is coming and I can't wait. I can't wait to blog about the food, the gifts, the makeup, etc. :) Soon soon my love.

Anyway, I realized something during my busy schedule. I was so stressed these past few weeks, and felt that my face was much much oilier than usual. I have combination skin and very oily lids, however, these times, my face was just plain oily. :/ So I realized that indeed, it was because of stress. :( Tsk tsk! It's a sad truth people.

So because of this, I'm hoping that the next year will be better, not as stressed, not as oily. Haha! :) Also, I try to control the oil as much as I can by using these products:

1. Skin Hour Mattifying Day Cream

Biased I may seem, but this is really something that I always always use. Before I put on my makeup, I make sure that I wear day cream first. This reduces the oil from my face. (There were times I forgot to wear the day cream before applying my makeup, so I decided to forego, I ended up having really oily skin before lunch time!)


2. Skin Hour Firming & Clarifying Toner
(alternative: Clean & Clear Oil Controlling Toner)

I am an avid fan of the saying "Cleanse, Tone and Moisturize", plus I feel that my skin is a lot cleaner when I tone. Also, you instantly see that the oil is gone!



3. Dream Minerals Persephone Primer

I don't regularly use this since I'm already good with the Mattifying Day Cream. But like what I said, my skin is not normal these times, so additional primer is quite necessary. :/ I use mineral powder just so it's light and very sheer. I don't want to end up having cakey makeup and I don't want my skin to feel heavy.



4. Dream Minerals Charlene, Monave Angel and MAC Hyper Real Medium
(alternative: MAC Mineralize Foundation, Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder Foundation)

These are the makeup that I use, because they're very light. Plus I also use this to retouch my face when needed.



5. Gatsby Powdered Oil Clear Paper
(Gatsby Oil Clear Sheet)

I recently bought this, because I felt that I really really need this now that my skin is really oily. I was supposed to get Gatsby Oil Clear Sheet, but I accidentally got the Powdered Oil Clear Paper. I hope it works just fine. I'll update you guys about this. I'll roadtest the sheet and post an entry. :)

So currently these are my must-haves for oiliness! Do you have other products on your mind that I might have forgotten? :)


No comments: